PR & Business Support Exec
£18,000 - £21,000 per annum (dependant on experience) (pro-rated)
Part time: 3 days a week
MyPlus is one of the UK’s leading authorities in disability recruitment and development. Founded in 2006 we have worked with a variety of organisations including Barclays, EY, BP, Allen & Overy and National Grid.
Two key parts of the business are the MyPlus Students Club (MPSC) and the MyPlus Recruiters’ Club (MPRC). The MyPlus Students’ Club is a website that provides students with disabilities and long-term health conditions the advice, support and confidence to find opportunities, approach relevant organisations and go on to realise new possibilities with progressive employers. MyPlus Recruiters’ Club is a membership forum aimed at building disability confidence in graduate recruitment. Our member clients are mostly large Corporates who benefit from training events and also have the opportunity to profile their organization and advertise jobs on the Students’ Club website.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an innovative and growing business. In addition to managing the PR across the business, including award submissions, the role works across the business as follows:
- MyPlus Students Club: ensuring the content for the MPSC is relevant and interesting, and is formatted and branded according to agreed guidelines
- MyPlus Recruiters’ Club: managing MPRC training event communications with member
The role reports directly to the Founder and Director of the organisation however the incumbent will also work closely with the wider MyPlus team.
· Manage PR and award submissions: produce and distribute popular online and offline PR to increase awareness of MyPlus, the Recruiters’ Club and Students’ Club; including content and events
· Auditing the MPSC employer profiles: responsible for auditing the MPSC employer profiles and providing gap analysis and feedback to the Content Manager for implementation
· Collate all content for MPSC: proof read and edit MPSC content prior to it being published; ensure it is branded and formatted correctly according to brand guidelines
· Manage the online ‘Content Bible’: including maintaining online files to ensure they are logical, easily accessible and up to date.
· Delegate management for MyPlus Recruiters’ Club (MPRC) events: responsible for all aspects of communications with members and non-members regards our training events
· Admin support: provide admin support for the Director of MyPlus as required
The successful candidate will have:
· Preferably educated to degree level
· At least 1 years’ experience of work gained in business, PR, content management or a related field
· A successful track record of producing and editing copy
You will also have:
· An enthusiasm for our mission.
· Excellent attention to detail and a drive to produce an exceptional standard of work.
· Strong communication skills; written, verbal and social media.
· Strong planning and organisational skills.
· Ability to work remotely and to meet agreed deadlines
· Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· The flexibility, and enthusiasm, to support projects outside of your core responsibilities when required.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is proactive and is comfortable working independently.
· This role is based from home; you will be required to travel to Windsor, Berkshire, where the organisation is based.
o The successful candidate will live within an hour’s commute of Windsor
· Additional travel around the UK maybe required.
· The role is part time; 3 days
· If you will require any adjustments or support during the recruitment process for any reason, such as a disability, please inform us as soon as you are able. Ideally it is requested that you include any such requests in your application.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a brief cover letter stating why you are interested in this role, and your CV, to Helen@myplusconsulting.com
Closing date for applications: 1st June 2018
Start date: As soon as possible