£20,000 - £24,500 per annum (dependant on experience)
myplusstudentsclub.com (MPSC) is on a mission to provide students with disabilities the advice, support and confidence to find opportunities, approach relevant organisations and go on to realise new possibilities with progressive employers. For employers, our website provides a platform to showcase themselves as a disability confident employer.
MPSC already has a good profile amongst students and on campus however there is a huge opportunity to build on this and to dramatically increase its reach amongst students with a disability or long-term health condition.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an innovative and growing business. This is an ideal role for someone who is passionate about marketing and is eager to work on an exciting and evolving brand.
The role reports directly to the Founder and Director of the organisation and will focus on developing and implementing an innovative and effective marketing plan to build brand awareness and increase visitor traffic. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Optimise all social networks: improve MPSC member loyalty and encourage new followers.
- Build external and online alliances: source and exploit partnerships to boost company reputation; including management of relationships with University Careers & Disability Services.
- Student Ambassadors: manage Student Ambassadors to ensure activities are effective & objectives are met.
- Manage PR: produce and distribute popular online and offline PR to increase awareness of Students’ Club; including content and events.
- Support client marketing: advertise social content and promote employer profiles.
- Leverage sponsors: work with MPSC sponsors to benefit from their reputation & reach.
- Manage web analytics: monitor Google Analytics and budget Adwords.
- Drive ad sales leads: manage social packages and lead generation.
- Reporting: continually monitor & suggest improvements for the usability & content of the website to support the growth objectives.
The successful candidate will have:
· A degree, or equivalent, in marketing, communications, business, or a related field.
· At least 1 year’s experience in marketing or digital marketing
· A successful track record of driving web conversions and managing online campaigns.
· Proven competency with social media, email marketing strategy, website strategy development, and web analytics.
You will also have:
· An enthusiasm for our mission.
· A genuine passion for advertising, marketing and campaign development.
· Excellent creative thinking and initiative.
· Strong interpersonal skills enabling you to quickly establish relationships with a wide range of people.
· Strong planning and organisational skills.
· Strong communication skills; written, verbal and social media.
· Excellent attention to detail and a drive to produce an exceptional standard of work.
· Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· The flexibility, and enthusiasm, to support projects outside of your core responsibilities when required.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is proactive and is comfortable working independently.
· This role is based from home; you will be required to travel to Windsor, Berkshire, where the organisation is based. Our creative partners are based in Bracknell.
· Additional travel around the UK maybe required.
· Applications for those wishing to work part time will be considered; a minimum of 3 days is required.
· If you will require any adjustments or support during the recruitment process for any reason, such as a disability, please inform us as soon as you are able. Ideally it is requested that you include any such requests in your application.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a brief cover letter stating why you are interested in this role, and your CV, to Helen@myplusconsulting.com
Closing date for applications: 12th April 2017
Start date: As soon as possible.